Pediatric surgery is a surgery involving the surgery of fetuses, infants, children, adolescents, and young adults.
Common pediatric diseases that may require pediatric surgery include:
- Congenital malformations: lymphangioma, cleft lip and palate, esophageal atresia and tracheoesophageal fistula, hypertrophic pyloric stenosis, intestinal atresia, necrotizing enterocolitis, meconium plugs, Hirschsprung’s disease, imperforate anus, undescended testes
- abdominal wall defects: omphalocele, gastroschisis, hernias
- chest wall deformities: pectus excavatum
- childhood tumors: like neuroblastoma, Wilms’ tumor, rhabdomyosarcoma, ATRT, liver tumors, teratomas
- Separation of conjoined twins